Fruitful Design Patterns in Test Automation
Short workshop - in English
Participate in this workshop to learn how to put together the advanced concepts of an API test in a framework that is scalable, robust, easy to read, and eliminates the brittleness in your checks. We will be sharing our real-time experience of how we migrated our testing approach, design and framework when our application was migrating from monolithic to microservices architecture.
You will be given practical hands-on experience on preferred design patterns while designing a framework and on completion of this interactive workshop you will leave with your very own example automation framework that demonstrates design patterns in the test automation design. We would design a framework in Java language.
Outline/structure of the Session:
- Basics of rest principle.
- Api architecture and types of api testing.
- Do’s and Don’t’s of api testing.
- Create a framework
- Add e2e functional tests using APIs.
- Introduction to design patterns and error handling.
- Brief on how can a framework be enhanced
- A robust and scalable framework with the advanced principle for api testing.
- A selection of design patterns for the designing framework.
- A framework which handles backward compatibility of api's.
Primarily for: Tester/test leads
Participant requirements: Laptop/ Java 8 installed